Description Salkantay trek 4 Days
The tour Salkantay trek 4 days Is a challenging alternative to Inca Trail , and the government has not imposed restrictions on the number of people who can complete it per day, so you do not need to book 4 months in advance. The name Salkantay is a Quechua word meaning "Wild Mountain". From the snow-capped mountains to the Amazon jungle, this is an excellent way to travel to Machu Picchu
CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA.
SALKANTAY TREK 4 DAYS TOUR begins in cusco. our agency Machupicchu Hop Will sell the transport to their respective hostels together with our guide. After the pick up we will go to Mollepata, in a trip of 3 hours. There, we will have breakfast (not included). Then the transport will take us to Challacancha, from where we will start the trekking.
We will walk along the trail, seeing the first landscapes with mountains and valleys. After 3 hours, we will arrive at the first camp, Soraypampa, at 3900 Mm. Here we will have our lunch and time to recover energy. In the afternoon we will climb to the Humantay lagoon, a natural spectacle, 1 hour and a half from the camp and 4100 m altitude.
Where you can see the glacier of the same name in the background, weather permitting. On the way back, we will rest for a moment before dinner, in which we will share and receive instructions from the guide for the next day, before going to sleep in our tents.
SORAYPAMPA - CHAULLAY.
We will start the day with a coca tea in our tents, for breakfast, then we will begin to climb among the mountains, seeing the difference in landscape with the previous day, making stops to rest as we gain altitude. The destination is Abra Salkantay, at 4650 mnm, for our lunch. After recovering our energy, we will continue descending, passing from a cold and mountainous landscape to a warmer and jungle one, until the camp of Chaullay (2900 m of altitude).
Day 3:CHAULLAY - PLAYA SAHUAYACO - HOT WATER
We will wake up early and, after breakfast, we will begin our walk towards the small village of La Playa, crossing the Santa Teresa Valley, during the walk we will be in full contact with nature, we will see rivers, waterfalls, beautiful wild orchids and coffee and banana plantations among others, in a fusion of virgin and domesticated nature.
Once we arrive in Aguas Calientes we will have free time before dinner to rest or walk around the city or visit the famous hot springs and enjoy a relaxing swim near the clouds. At 7 pm, we will all have dinner together at a local restaurant, here we will also plan our visit to Machu Picchu the next day. We will spend the night in our hostel with private bathroom and toilet.
MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO.
In the morning we wake up around 4:00 am where we will receive a small Box Lunch, to go to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu , in this walk we will take approximately 1 hour and a half. (if you feel tired you can skip the walk and make it by bus, tickets can be purchased in Aguas Calientes town, or buy in advance with us).
We will enter the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and we will have a guide of the main places during 2 hours approximately. At the end of the guide you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu individually or climb the mountains (Machu Picchu Mountain or Wayna Picchu) if you have the reservation made.
After visiting at a certain time the group will descend towards Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where everyone will be picked up and transferred to Cusco. The group must be at the train station at least 30 minutes before departure. The trip will end at the Plaza de San Francisco, Cusco.
It is possible to spend one more night in the town of Machu Picchu (Aguas Caliente), paying (USD 20,00).
- Pick up at the hotel / hostal.
- Bus transportation.
- Professional guide
- All meals
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- First aid
- 5 Kilos per person
- 2 Nights in camp 1 Night in hostel
- Entrance to Salkantay Mountain
- Bus up to Machupicchu ( USD 12,00 )( Available As extra).
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Aperitifs and garnishes.
- Water in bottles.
- Sleeping bag
- Santa Teresa Thermal Waters ( USD 10.00) ( Available As extra).
- Sleeping Bag ( USD 20.00) ( Available As extra).
- Machu Picchu Mountain ( USD 20.00) ( Available As extra).
- Cocalmayo Hot Spring ( USD 10.00) ( Available As extra).
- Train From Hydro Electric to Aguas Calientes ( USD 40.00) ( Available As extra).
- Fist Class Train To Ollantaytambo( USD 30.00) ( Available As extra).
Languages in which the tour is offered
- The driver knows the area and speaks very basic English. .
What to Bring?
When preparing your luggage, remember that the rainy season in Machu Picchu is from December to March. The winter, between May and August, is especially cold, that's why we recommend you take:
- Clothing to avoid cold
- Sportswear (01 pair each).
- Trekking shoes.
- Hat or cap.
- Rain jacket or poncho/according to the season.
- Money extra.
- Standard travel backpack.
- Original passport or identity card.
- To have a guaranteed place on the tour please book at least 3 days in advance due to high demand in the high season.
- After booking, please reply to our email about tour details, food preferences and more.
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel the Salkantay tour up to 15 days before.
- You will receive a 50% refund if you cancel the Salkantay tour up to 10 days before.
- If you booked with one of the Machu Picchu mountains (You will not be able to receive a refund of the additional amount paid since the Machu Picchu mountains are booked in advance and there is no refund).
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
this activity is a group tour, we will pick up the first person at 4:00 am and the last person at 4:40 am, please be ready in your hotel lobby at 4:00 am and our guide has time to spend. until 4:40 am