Visiting the main tourist destinations of Cusco is always a great adventure. Now imagine an ATV tour through its beautiful Andean landscapes and the most symbolic areas that the capital of the Inca Empire has to offer. You will be able to do this and much more during this journey while traveling in a metallic beast with 4 wheels: an ATV (quad). Admire the huge rural meadows that characterize the great Sacred Valley and reach the Salt Mines of Maras, which have been exploited since Inca times and whose origin still remains a mystery. Then visit the archaeological site of Moray, known as an agricultural research laboratory Inca, where you can still clearly see the particular design of their platforms. Let the mysterious city of Cusco surprise you while you travel by quad!
Cusco - Moray - Salineras
The ATV tour starts with pick-up from your hotel (only if it is a maximum of 3 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, I do not pick up from San Blas) or with pick-up from the Plaza de Armas (next to the statue of the Inca) for the time at 1:00 p.m. Then, they start the trip to Cruzpata, a small community located on the route of the Sacred Chinchero Valley, located 40 minutes from Cusco. Here they will do the pre-excursion practices with instructions from the guide. Then they will live the adventure while they travel through the agricultural areas of Maras and enjoy the beautiful landscape of the mountains in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. After a few hours of tour, you will arrive at the archaeological and enigmatic area of Moray, where you will walk a little more to take the best pictures of that wonder. Finally, they will return to the cultivated areas of Maras until they reach Cruzpata in Chincheros again and take the mobility to return to the city of Cusco. The tour has a distance of approx. 50km
- Private round trip transportation
- Visit of Moray and Maras (entrance not included)
- 250cc Honda / Yamaha personal ATVs
- Safety equipment helmet, lenses
- Professional mechanical guide in English / Spanish
- First aid kit and a bottle of mineral water
- Personal accident insurance
- Foods .
- Income to the places to visit in case you do not have the tourist ticket (you will have to pay it in the same place):
- Moray (+PEN 70 ), (+PEN 40) for Peruvians; if they have the tourist ticket they do not have to pay for the entrance.
- Maras (+PEN 15), (+PEN 10) for Peruvians
Languages in which the tour is offered
- The driver knows the area and speaks very basic English.
What to wear?
When you prepare your luggage, remember that the rainy season in Cusco is from December to March. Winter, between May and August, is especially cold, so we recommend you bring:
- Bottled water
- Photographic camera.
Due to the rainy season (January to March) the tour's end time can be considerably delayed, so we recommend not taking any transport or flight to another place for the same.